Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary Recipe
Preparing the tomatoes is a key step in achieving a tasty and appetizing dish. Roasted tomatoes with garlic and rosemary are an excellent choice to enrich the flavor of various dishes, such as salads, pasta or bruschetta.
To prepare roasted tomatoes with garlic and rosemary, you need to follow some simple steps. First, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
Cut the tomatoes in half and arrange them on the baking sheet with the cut side facing up. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper and add a crushed garlic clove and a few fresh rosemary needles.
Marinating With Garlic And Rosemary
Marinating with garlic and rosemary is a great technique for adding intense flavor and aroma to your dishes. This marinade is especially suitable for roasted tomatoes with garlic and rosemary, a delicious side dish or condiment that can be served alone or added to many other dishes.
To prepare roasted tomatoes with garlic and rosemary, start by cutting the tomatoes in half. Remove the seeds and pulp and place the tomato halves on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Prepare the marinade by mixing together finely chopped garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the marinade generously over the roasted tomatoes and let stand for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary Recipe
Roasted tomatoes with garlic and rosemary are a delicious and simple side dish to prepare. This recipe will make the tomatoes tender and flavorful, with the addition of a touch of garlic and rosemary making them really special.
|– Ripe tomatoes: 4
|– Chopped garlic: 2 cloves
|– Chopped fresh rosemary: 2 tablespoons
|– Extra virgin olive oil: 2 tablespoons
|– Salt to taste.
|– Pepper to taste.
Cooking Times And Temperature
Cooking times and temperature
When it comes to cooking food, it is essential to know the proper cooking times and the correct temperature to use. These two factors are essential for delicious and well-cooked dishes. Side dishes such as Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary require proper cooking to ensure that they are soft and full of flavor.
For the Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary recipe, it is important to carefully follow the recommended cooking time and temperature. Generally, roasted tomatoes require cooking at a moderate temperature, around 180 degrees Celsius, for about 20 minutes. This allows the tomato to soften and caramelize slightly while preserving its natural juice and aroma.
- Be sure to cut the tomatoes into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Add fresh garlic and rosemary to tomato slices for extra aroma and flavor.
- One trick to get even more flavor is to let the tomatoes marinate with garlic and rosemary before cooking them. This allows the ingredients to penetrate the tomato and give it a deeper flavor.
|180 degrees Celsius
Carefully following these cooking times and temperature will ensure you get perfect roasted tomatoes every time. Remember to check the oven periodically to prevent the tomatoes from burning or drying out too much. Experiment with different variations of similar recipes and find out which combination of time and temperature works best for your personal taste.
Finally, when you present Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary, you can add a touch of creativity to your presentation. Decorate the dish with a touch of fresh basil or a sprinkling of grated cheese for an even more surprising dining experience. These small details will make all the difference in your kitchen and leave your guests speechless.
Tips For Presentation
When it comes to presenting your delicious Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary, it is important to pay attention to their arrangement and decoration to make the dish even more inviting and appetizing. Here are some useful tips for a perfect presentation.
1. Plate choice: Choose a large, neutral-colored plate that highlights the vibrant colors of the roasted tomatoes. A white or earthenware dish can be an excellent choice.
2. Eye-catching layout: Arrange the roasted tomatoes in an artistic and symmetrical way on the plate. You can arrange them in rows or concentric circles to create an interesting visual effect.
3. Simple decorations: Use fresh basil leaves or parsley to decorate the dish, adding a green and aromatic touch. You can also drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on the tomatoes to make them even brighter and juicier.
- 4. Cascade of condiments: If you have prepared a sauce or vinaigrette to accompany roasted tomatoes, you can pour it elegantly over them to create a cascade of flavors.
- 5. Extra garnishes: Add a few thin slices of red onion, black olives or toasted bread croutons around the tomatoes to add variety and texture to the dish.
Finally, remember that the eye wants its share, so take the time to carefully arrange your roasted garlic and rosemary tomatoes on the table. An eye-catching presentation will make your dish even more inviting and delicious for guests.
|Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary Recipe
|3 ripe tomatoes
|2 cloves of garlic
|Extra virgin olive oil
Variants Of Similar Recipes
The variations of recipes similar to Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary are numerous and allow you to experiment with different flavors and ingredients. Below are some ideas for customizing your recipe and making it unique.
1. Add cheese: If you are a cheese lover, you can enhance your roasted tomatoes by adding grated cheese or cheese slices on top of the tomatoes before baking them. The cheese will melt and create a delicious golden crust.
2. Tomato sauce: For a tastier variation, you can make a fresh tomato sauce and use it to top your roasted tomatoes. Simply blend some ripe tomatoes with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and then pour the sauce over the tomatoes before baking them.
3. Add herbs: To give a touch of freshness and color to your roasted tomatoes, you can add aromatic herbs such as basil, parsley or oregano. Finely chop the herbs and spread them over the roasted tomatoes before baking them in the oven.
|Stuff the roasted tomatoes with a rice, meat or vegetable filling to make a complete and flavorful dish.
|Tomatoes au gratin
|Top the roasted tomatoes with breadcrumbs and grated cheese, then grate them in the oven until a golden crust forms.
|Roasted tomato salad
|Cut roasted tomatoes into cubes and combine them with mixed salad, olives and mozzarella cheese to create a fresh and flavorful salad.
Accompaniments can make all the difference in a dish, adding a touch of flavor and helping to balance the flavors. When preparing Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary, there are many recommended accompaniments that go perfectly with this recipe.
One of the simplest and most delicious accompaniments is crusty bread. The crusty bread adds a nice texture to the dish and absorbs the juices from the tomatoes, creating an explosion of flavor in the mouth. You can also spread a little butter on a slice of bread to further enrich the flavor.
Another delicious option is to serve Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary on a bed of rice. The rice absorbs the tomato sauce and creates a neutral base that brings out the flavors of the main ingredients. You can also add some crunchy vegetables, such as peas or carrots, for a fresh touch.
|Crispy vegetables (peas, carrots)
If you want to add a touch of freshness and acidity to the dish, you can serve Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary with a yogurt sauce. The yogurt sauce adds a silky texture and slightly acidic flavor that contrasts well with the sweetness of the roasted tomatoes.
Finally, if you want a more substantial accompaniment, you can serve Roasted Tomatoes with Garlic and Rosemary along with a side of baked potatoes. The potatoes cook slowly in the oven along with the tomatoes and absorb the flavors of the aromas. This creates a perfect combination of crisp and soft flavors and textures.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to prepare tomatoes?
Preparing the tomatoes first requires washing them under running water. Next, you can proceed by cutting off the top of the tomato and emptying it of its inner pulp.
What ingredients are needed to marinate tomatoes with garlic and rosemary?
To marinate tomatoes with garlic and rosemary, fresh tomatoes, minced garlic, fresh rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper are needed.
How many minutes should be devoted to cooking the tomatoes and at what temperature?
The cooking of tomatoes depends on personal preference. Usually, they are baked for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
What tips can you give for the presentation of tomatoes?
For an eye-catching presentation, you may want to cut the tomatoes into thin slices and arrange them on a serving platter. Basil leaves and a sprinkling of black pepper can be added for decoration.
What variations of similar tomato recipes can you suggest?
Variants of recipes similar to tomatoes include tomatoes stuffed with rice or meat, baked tomatoes au gratin, and confit tomatoes.
What are the recommended accompaniments for tomatoes?
The tomatoes can be served with buffalo mozzarella, toasted bread, black olives, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
What does ‘marinating’ mean?
Marinating is a culinary process of marinating a food in an aromatic liquid, such as oil, vinegar, or wine, in order to flavor and tenderize it.