Chicken Alla Cacciatora Recipe
What Is Chicken Cacciatora?
Chicken cacciatore is a delicious dish of Italian origin. This is a typical second course of traditional cuisine, particularly popular in the central and northern regions of Italy. The recipe for chicken cacciatore involves the use of simple but flavorful ingredients that, together with the right cooking, give the dish an aromatic and irresistible taste.
To prepare chicken cacciatore, the main ingredients are chicken (preferably cut into pieces), onion, tomato, red wine, olive oil, black olives, rosemary, parsley, chili pepper (optional) and salt. These ingredients are combined and cooked together to make a flavorful gravy that envelops the chicken meat.
The preparation of chicken cacciatore is quite simple. First, you brown the chicken pieces in a pan with olive oil. Once the chicken is well browned, the sliced onion is added and wilted. Next, the tomato, red wine, black olives, rosemary and chili (if desired) are added. This is allowed to simmer for about 40-45 minutes, until the chicken is tender and the gravy has reduced.
To make a delicious chicken cacciatore, it is advisable to use fresh, quality chicken. In addition, it is important to let the chicken simmer to allow the flavors to fully blend and develop. It is suggested to serve chicken cacciatore accompanied by side dishes such as baked potatoes or polenta. This dish is perfect for a traditional Italian lunch or dinner!
Ingredients For Chicken Cacciatora
Pollo Alla Cacciatora is a classic main course of Italian cuisine, particularly popular in several regions. Its simplicity and the intense aroma of herbs and spices make it a tasty dish enjoyed by all. So let’s see the ingredients needed to prepare this delicious recipe.
The main ingredients are listed below:
|Chicken (preferably cut into pieces)
|Extra virgin olive oil
|qb (sufficient quantity)
With these ingredients, you can prepare a delicious Chicken Alla Cacciatora following the traditional recipe.
Preparing Chicken Cacciatora
Preparing Chicken Cacciatora is a simple and delicious process that makes for a tasty and satisfying main course. This traditional Italian recipe requires few basic ingredients and offers many regional variations, each with its own special touch. Here is how to prepare Chicken Cacciatora to delight your guests or simply enjoy it with your family.
To prepare Chicken Cacciatora, the main ingredients are:
- Chicken: preferably farm chicken or organic chicken for more flavorful, quality meat.
- Garlic: one or two cloves of garlic, depending on your personal taste.
- Onion: one medium onion, finely chopped.
- Peppers: a couple of red or green peppers, cut into strips.
- Carrots: a couple of carrots, peeled and diced.
- Rosemary and sage: a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and sage, chopped.
- Tomato puree: one cup of tomato puree for the sauce base.
- Red wine: half a glass of red wine to deglaze the sauce.
- Chicken broth: one cup of chicken broth to add flavor and keep the chicken soft.
- Salt and pepper: to be added according to one’s taste.
- Olive oil: for browning vegetables and cooking chicken.
Preparation of Chicken Cacciatora begins by sautéing garlic and onion in a pan with olive oil. When the garlic and onion begin to brown slightly, add the peppers and carrots. Continue cooking over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
|Garlic and onion
|Peppers and carrots
Next, add the shredded chicken and brown it on both sides until it turns a golden color. At this point, deglaze with red wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Add tomato puree and chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, and add chopped herbs.
At this point, cover the pan with a lid and cook the Chicken Cacciatora over low heat for at least an hour, making sure the sauce does not become too dry. While cooking, check from time to time and add a little broth if necessary.
When the chicken is soft and the sauce has reached the desired consistency, the Chicken Cacciatora is ready to serve. It can be served with a fresh mixed salad or good Tuscan bread, which allows the tasty sauce to be fully enjoyed.
Tips For Getting A Delicious Chicken Cacciatora
Are you a fan of Italian cuisine and like to try new recipes? If yes, then you cannot miss this guide on how to prepare a delicious Chicken Cacciatora. This traditional dish originated in Italy and has won the palates of many with its rich, spicy flavor. Follow our tips to achieve a perfect result and delight your guests with this delicacy.
Pollo alla Cacciatora is a classic main course of Italian cuisine. The recipe calls for simple but tasty ingredients, such as chicken, tomatoes, onions, garlic, olives and white wine. The chicken meat is simmered together with these ingredients, allowing the flavors to meld and creating a succulent and tasty dish.
To prepare Chicken Cacciatora, you will need a few key ingredients. Make sure you have high-quality chicken on hand, preferably whole chicken cut into pieces. Vegetables such as onions, carrots, and celery are essential to enrich the flavor of the dish, while tomatoes are the base for the sauce. Don’t forget to add black olives for a touch of Mediterranean flavor. Finally, white wine will give the dish a unique and irresistible taste.
Preparing Chicken Cacciatora requires some patience, but the end result is worth the wait. Start by browning the chicken in the pot with olive oil until it turns a golden color. Once browned, remove the chicken and in the same pot add the finely chopped vegetables. Let them cook until soft. At this point, add the tomatoes and let them cook for a few minutes. Next, add the chicken back to the pot, add the white wine, olives and a sprinkle of parsley . Let the chicken simmer for at least an hour, making sure the meat is tender and the flavors have blended.
|1 whole (cut into pieces)
Now that you know the basic preparation of Chicken Cacciatora, you can indulge in some regional variations. In some regions of Italy, for example, anchovies are added for a touch of marine flavor. Other variations include the use of peppers or mushrooms. Experiment and customize your own recipe to make Chicken Cacciatora even tastier and more suited to your tastes.
A delicious Chicken Cacciatora can be accompanied by different side dishes. A classic choice is to serve it alongside mashed potatoes or a fresh mixed salad. You can also opt for roasted potatoes or grilled vegetables. The important thing is that the side dish has a simple and balanced flavor to enhance the flavors of the Chicken Cacciatora.
Regional Variants Of Chicken Cacciatora
Pollo alla Cacciatora is a delicious dish of Italian origin that is prepared with chicken and a sauce made with tomatoes, vegetables and flavorings. This main course is popular not only in Italy but also all over the world because of its rustic and rich flavor. In this article, we will explore some of the regional variations of Pollo alla Cacciatora, discovering how each Italian region has its own special version of this delicacy.
1. Pollo alla Cacciatora Toscana: The Tuscan variation of Pollo alla Cacciatora involves the use of black olives, capers and white wine to enrich the flavor of the sauce. These ingredients give the dish an intense and slightly salty taste, making it perfect to accompany with a good red wine.
2. Pollo alla Cacciatora Siciliana: In Sicily, the recipe for Pollo alla Cacciatora is enriched with the addition of pine nuts and raisins. These ingredients give the dish a hint of sweetness and contrast nicely with the spicy flavor of the tomato sauce.
3. Pollo alla C acciatora Campana: The Campania variant of Pollo alla Cacciatora involves the use of peppers of various colors, which give the dish a touch of vibrancy and color. Peppers are added to the tomato sauce to enrich the preparation.
In every Italian region, Pollo alla Cacciatora is prepared according to local tradition, using the typical ingredients and spices characteristic of each area. These regional variations make each version of the dish unique and special, offering a tasty discovery of Italian flavors.
Ideal Accompaniments For Chicken Alla Cacciatora
Ideal Accompaniments For Chicken Alla Cacciatora
Pollo Alla Cacciatora is a traditional dish of Italian cuisine, rich in flavor and aroma. Prepared with pieces of chicken slowly cooked in a flavorful tomato sauce, wine and herbs, this main course lends itself to being accompanied by various side dishes to complete the meal in a delicious way. Here are some ideal accompaniments that can make Chicken Alla Cacciatora even tastier.
1. Polenta: Polenta is a classic accompaniment for many Italian dishes, including Pollo Alla Cacciatora. The creamy texture and mild flavor of the polenta go perfectly with the flavorful chicken sauce. A warm, well-seasoned polenta is ideal to accompany this dish.
2. Roasted Potatoes: Roasted potatoes are a versatile and delicious choice to pair with Chicken Alla Cacciatora. Cut into cubes and baked in the oven with extra virgin olive oil, rosemary and garlic, roasted potatoes add a crunch and flavor to the meal. They are perfect for soaking up the chicken gravy and making each bite even tastier.
3. Mixed Salad: To balance the rich texture of Chicken Alla Cacciatora, a fresh and crisp mixed salad can be a good choice. The mixed salad, with the addition of ingredients such as cherry tomatoes, lettuce, carrots and olives, brings a touch of freshness and color to the dish. In addition, the freshness of the salad helps cleanse the palate between bites of flavorful chicken.
In conclusion, Chicken Alla Cacciatora lends itself to being accompanied by a variety of delicious side dishes. In addition to polenta, roasted potatoes, and mixed salad, you can also choose other accompaniments such as grilled vegetables, rice pilaf, or toast. Experiment and find the combination that satisfies your personal taste and makes your Chicken Alla Cacciatora even more appetizing!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is chicken cacciatore?
Chicken cacciatora is a traditional Italian dish made with pieces of chicken cooked in a sauce of tomatoes, olives, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, white wine and herbs.
What are the ingredients for chicken cacciatore?
The main ingredients for chicken cacciatore are chicken, tomatoes, olives, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, white wine, olive oil, salt, pepper, and seasonings such as rosemary and sage.
How to prepare chicken cacciatore?
Preparation of chicken cacciatore requires browning the chicken with onion, carrots, celery and garlic in olive oil. Next, the tomatoes, olives, white wine and flavorings are added. This is left to simmer until the chicken is tender and the gravy has reduced.
What tips to achieve a delicious chicken cacciatore?
To achieve delicious chicken cacciatore, it is important to choose high quality and fresh chicken. Also, it is advisable to marinate it for a few hours before cooking to make it more tender and flavorful. Finally, it is important to simmer it to allow the flavors to fully develop.
What are the regional variations of chicken cacciatore?
Chicken cacciatore has several regional variations in Italy. For example, the Tuscan version adds red wine to the sauce, while the Veneto version uses black olives instead of green olives. Each region has its own small differences that make the dish unique.
What are the ideal accompaniments for chicken cacciatore?
Ideal accompaniments for chicken cacciatore are crusty bread, white rice, roasted potatoes or polenta. These side dishes perfectly complement the robust flavors of the main course.
Are there vegetarian variations of chicken cacciatore?
Yes, there are vegetarian variants of chicken cacciatore in which chicken is replaced with vegetable ingredients such as tofu or mushrooms. These variations are equally tasty and satisfying for those who prefer a meatless diet.